Douglas is a Principal with the FD Centre and acts as an independent advisor and part time CFO / Commercial Director principally with growing technology companies which are commercially accelerating. He has considerable experience in raising growth capital (debt, venture debt, equity etc.), and managing the full investment cycle from deal origination to exit.
Douglas has a background in Venture Capital / Private Equity (CCVCF & NDRC). He qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Coopers & Lybrand and has a BComm degree from UCD.
- Architected the ‘Investment Decision Making’ process for NDRC including the decision making committees, the standards required of due diligence intelligence gathering on the market size, growth levels and potential returns objectives for the investee, as a portfolio company.
- Advisor/Mentor to a lighting innovation company that successfully raised 500k on equity crowdfunding platform CrowdCube.
- Advisor/Mentor to a number of HPSU (High Performance Support Unit) clients of Enterprise Ireland and a member of Enterprise Ireland’s business partner panel.
- Raised a total of 50m in venture capital investment capital from institutional investors founded on exceptional investment mandates.
- Engineered and managed governance and risk management processes for monies received from investors and monies invested in investees.
- Developed, and managed, the value realization (divestment/sale) mandate for shareholders in a number of companies with greater than five fold return on investment.
- Built a world class finance function and team within NDRC.
- Devised investment strategy for NDRC approved by the board and executively executed by myself and my team.
- Deeply connected with enterprise support agencies across Ireland and all the third level academic institutions on the island.